1. Extent and requirements of the manufacturer warranty
Truma Gerätetechnik GmbH & Co. KG (“Truma”) provides the consumer with a warranty for the registered Truma gas regulator kit, comprising gas regulator, gas filter(s) and high-pressure hose(s) with hose rupture protection, which covers any material and/or production faults of the respective product, insofar as the following requirements have been met.
This warranty applies in the member states of the European Union as well as in Great Britain, Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Turkey.
The consumer is the natural person, who is the first person to use one of the products from Truma purchased from the OEM or specialist dealer and does not sell it within the scope of a commercial or independent professional activity or install it at third party premises.
Requirements of the 5-year manufacturer warranty, in addition to registering at www.truma.com/regulator-warranty-conditions, state that the products gas regulator, gas filter and high-pressure hose(s) with hose rupture protection or in the case of a gas tank, the two product gas tank regulator and gas filter are exclusively installed together according to the installation instructions and operated in accordance with the operating instructions, continuously maintained and the filter pads have been replaced on a regular basis.
The warranty expires after five years from the date of purchase of the respective product, i.e. the product for which a warranty service is applied, must not be older than five years at the time of making a warranty claim.
Five years is calculated from the respective date of purchase or in the case of ex works installations, from the initial registration according to the vehicle registration document.
Spare parts costs, costs for the installation and removal of spare parts as well as any shipping costs are covered by this warranty.
Costs are not covered for dismantling of furniture or body parts as well as transport and road costs, travel expenses or other costs, which are not spare parts costs or installation and removal costs (in relation to the spare parts).
The warranty is non transferable, i.e. it relates to the person and vehicle.
Truma or an authorised service partner shall eliminate material or production faults by supplementary performance, that means by repair or replacement delivery at their own discretion. Defective parts shall become the property of Truma or the authorised service partner. If the product in question is no longer produced at the time the defect is reported, a similar product may be supplied in the case of replacement delivery.
If Truma provides a warranty-related service, the warranty period with regard to repaired or exchanged parts is not restarted but the original period for the respective product continues.
Only Truma personnel themselves or an authorised service partner are permitted to undertake warranty work.
Any costs incurred in the event of a warranty claim are directly settled between the authorised service partner and Truma.
Additional costs due to challenging removal and installation conditions of the respective product (e.g. dismantling of furniture or body parts) as well as travel expenses of the authorised service partner or Truma cannot be recognised as the warranty service.
If it transpires that cover is not provided by the warranty, the costs for repair, replacement and any shipping costs are charged to the consumer.
Further claims from this warranty, in particular claims for damages by the consumer or a third party are excluded.
The provisions of the Product Liability Act remain unaffected.
Contractual or legal claims of the consumer against the vendor in the respective country of residence, in particular legally applicable claims for defects, are not affected by the voluntary warranty from Truma.
In individual countries there may be warranties in place, which are issued by the specialist dealers concerned (Truma Partners). These warranties can be processed directly by the specialist dealer, from whom the respective product was purchased. The warranty conditions apply of the country, in which the initial purchase of the appliance was made by the consumer.
2. Exclusion of the warranty
The warranty does not provide cover:
- In the case of defects caused by improper, unsuitable, incorrect, negligent or unintended use of the products
- In the case of defects caused by improper installation, assembly or commissioning not in compliance with the instructions for use and installation instructions
- In the case of defects caused by improper operation or handling not in compliance with the instructions for use and installation instructions, in particular in the case of failure to observe maintenance, care and warning instructions
- If installations, repairs or intervention work are not executed by authorised partners
- For consumables, wear parts and in the case of natural wear and tear
- If the product or several products are provided with spare, supplementary or accessory parts, which are not original Truma parts or parts approved by Truma This applies in particular in the case of networked control of the appliance, if the control units and software have not been approved by Truma or if the Truma control unit (such as Truma CP plus, Truma iNetBox) is not exclusively used for the control of Truma appliances or appliances approved by Truma
- Due to defects caused by foreign bodies (e.g. oils, diluent in gas), chemical or electrochemical influences in the water or if the appliance otherwise comes into contact with unsuitable substances (e.g. chemical products, flammable materials, unsuitable cleaning agents)
- Due to defects caused by abnormal environmental or unsuitable operating conditions
- Due to defects caused by force majeure or natural catastrophes, as well as other influences, for which Truma is not accountable
- Due to defects, which can be attributed to improper transport
- Due to changes to the appliance, including to spare, supplementary or accessory parts and their installation, in particular changes to the exhaust gas system or to the cowl by the end customer or third parties.
3. Making a warranty claim
A warranty claim can be made at an authorised service partner or the Truma Service Centre. All addresses and phone numbers can be found at www.truma.com in the “Service” section. The manufacturer and warrantor is:
Truma Gerätetechnik GmbH & Co. KG
In order to ensure a smooth process, we ask you to provide the following information when making contact with us: detailed description of the defect, product serial number, number of registration confirmation, date of purchase or date of initial registration.
In the case of making a warranty claim, the confirmation of registration and the original receipt of the respective product or the vehicle registration document must be presented.
The authorised Service Partner or the Truma Service Centre shall determine the next steps. In order to prevent transport damage, the affected product may only be sent following prior consultation with the authorised Service Partner or the Truma Service Centre. If the warranty claim is acknowledged by Truma, Truma shall bear the shipping costs. If cover is not provided by the warranty, the consumer shall be accordingly informed and the repair and transport costs charged to them. Shipments cannot be accepted without prior consultation.