In April 2021, Truma scooped the reddot Design Award for its new portable fridges/freezers. The coveted prize has been awarded to products that stand out for their high design quality since 1955. Criteria such as degree of innovation, functionality, ergonomics and durability of the submitted products are also considered in the decision-making process.
Truma Cooler reliably cool or freeze products down to -22°C in an efficient and quiet operation. The portable fridges/freezers can be operated with 230 V and 12 V/24 V. Three-stage discharge protection prevents the vehicle battery from being drained. The reddot jury comprising 50 international experts honored the sophisticated product features:
- 12 V/24 V connections on both sides provide flexibility
- The handles close flush with the side wall – saving valuable space
- On most models the cover can be removed and opened on both sides
- USB port for charging tablets and smartphones
- Two integrated bottle openers
- Very durable thanks to the reinforced corners and stainless steel hinges
- All models can be operated with the Truma Cooler App.