The secret’s out. More and more people are experiencing the joy of camping. Since 2014 there has been a 72% increase in the number of campers who camp three or more times a year. There are over 77 million camping households in the US, and every year 1 million new families start camping.
Whether it’s a love for the outdoors or a way to escape your busy life, camping offers something for just about everyone.
Let’s take a look at some exciting camping facts:
- 38% of campers are Millenials—an increase of 34% since 2016
- 54% of campers travel less than 100 miles from home
- 60% of campers use tents
- 60% of NEW campers use RVs
- 96% of campers enjoy camping with family and friends, and feel healthier by doing outdoor activities
- 85% of adult campers say getting their children to participate is the #1 reason they camp
Top Five Camping Essentials:
- Sleeping bag
- Bug spray
- Cooler or fridge
More people realize that camping is an excellent opportunity to bring family and friends together, get away from the daily grind, recharge, and get closer to nature. Whether you’re camping in a tent, or an RV, roughing it, or glamping, Truma has several products that help make your experience a great one.
Sources: KOA, Forbes