How do I prepare the on-board battery for the travel season after the winter break?
- Charge the battery – remember that the battery is fully charged only after 24 hours.
- When charging, adjust the charging voltage to the battery temperature.
- Batteries may get hot while charging, depending on the type. The direct ambient temperature of the battery also has a considerable effect on its performance.
- If you attach a battery temperature sensor, the battery operating temperature is communicated to the connected charger. The charger then changes the charging curve according to the sensor measurement.
- In other words: the higher the operating temperature, the lower the output voltage and vice versa. Note: The operating temperature range of our charging systems is 0 °C to + 50 °C. The charging process is stopped if the 50 °C is exceeded.
- Hence, using a battery temperature sensor not only conserves the battery, it also increases its service life.
- Service Centres
- Dealer search
If you require information about Truma Service Centres in the UK, please contact Truma UK on:
If you have a question about an appliance, always have information about the appliance type, year of manufacture and factory number at hand. You'll find this on the type plate on the appliance.